- I just signed a Public Health Port Regulation Order that would be published in an extraordinary Gazette today. Basically, the Order requires compliance with reasonable measures carried out by port health officers for the purpose of preventing the introduction and spread of a COVID-19 in SVG.
- The government is contemplating a ticketing system for persons who violate quarantine or commit other offences related to the management and control of the COVID-19 such as providing inaccurate contact details or other information to a public officer. This is not being done to avoid the enforcement of the public health law. On the contrary, it should be seen as a means by which the law may be enforced.
- All persons planning to travel to SVG from abroad are advised to get a PCR test done prior to embarking on the journey. If the test results are positive, travel plans should be put on hold until recovery as required by the International Health Regulations. However, it would remain possible for incoming passengers to be administered a COVID-19 PCR test on arrival in SVG.
- Cabinet approved $200,000.00 for the Carnival Development Corporation to make support payments to its stakeholders who were adversely affected by the cancellation of Carnival and the general downturn in economic activity as a result of COVID-19.
- The Prime Minister has announced an extension of the COVID-19 support package being implemented by the government for an additional period of 3 months.
We will beat the coronavirus pandemic together. Our faith will see us through. Thank you.