Sunday, October 17, 2021
HomeLOCAL NEWSWEATHER SYSTEM TO CONTINUE TO AFFECT SVG - COUNTRY CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING HEAVY...

WEATHER SYSTEM TO CONTINUE TO AFFECT SVG – COUNTRY CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING HEAVY RAINFALL

National Hurricane Center continues to closely monitor two tropical waves over the Atlantic basin on this Monday afternoon.

One is approaching the Windward Islands, producing a large area of disorganized shower and thunderstorm activity. This disturbance is moving westward at about 20 mph, and is expected to continue to move quickly westward over the eastern and central Caribbean Sea during the next couple of days, which is likely to limit significant development.

- Advertisement -

After that time, however, the system is expected to move more slowly westward across the western Caribbean, where upper-level winds could become more conducive for the development of a tropical depression during the latter part of this week.

Regardless of development, locally heavy rainfall and gusty winds are expected over portions of the Windward and southern Leeward Islands through Tuesday morning. It has a low (20 percent) chance of formation during the next 48 hours and medium (50 percent) chance during the next five days.

The second tropical wave is located over the far eastern tropical Atlantic and is forecast to interact with another disturbance located several hundred miles southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands within the next day or two.

This interaction is expected to lead to the formation of a broad area of low pressure, and conditions are forecast to be conducive for the development of a tropical depression during the middle-to-latter part of this week while the system moves westward to west-northwestward at 15 to 20 mph across the central and western portions of the tropical Atlantic.

It has a low (30 percent) chance of formation during the next 48 hours and a high (70 percent) chance during the next five days. 

www.hurricanes.gov

- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -

Most Popular

- Advertisement -
Advertisement

Get new posts by email

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Related News

You cannot copy content of this page