Wednesday, October 27, 2021
HomeLOCAL NEWSCourtTRIO IN PERUVIAN VALE ROBBERY GRANTED BAIL

TRIO IN PERUVIAN VALE ROBBERY GRANTED BAIL

A dusk to dawn curfew is among the bail conditions imposed on three youngsters charged with multiple offences, reportedly committed at Peruvian Vale between August 8 and 9, 2020.

Jemark ‘Parch Nuts’ Jackson of Campden Park, Quincy Boyde of Rillan Hill and Romando Andrews of Peruvian Vale/Clare Valley, are charged jointly with entering the 2-Go Restaurant as trespassers and stealing two televisions, a kettle, a microwave, an alarm siren, and a keyboard, which altogether valued $7,070, the property of Hazel Ann Joseph of Arnos Vale.

- Advertisement -

They are also charged with unlawfully damaging two dead bolt locks valued $120, unlawfully damaging a commercial aluminum door valued $1,240, both properties of Harmony Investment, and attempting to burglarise the Triple X Supermarket.

Those offences were reportedly committed at Peruvian Vale between August 8 and 9, but Jackson is charged separately with possession of a hoe, reasonably suspect of being stolen or unlawfully obtained on August 9.

The men had pleaded not guilty to the charges on their initial appearances before Chief Magistrate Rechanne Browne at the Serious Offences Court last week Wednesday, but were remanded until Monday, August 17 for bail review.

Senior Prosecutor Adolphus Delpleche had told the Court then that the investigator, Inspector Elgin Richards indicated to him that certain exhibits were not recovered, and the police were concerned that if the men were granted bail, those exhibits may disappear.

However, on the men’s return to Court on Monday, the Senior Prosecutor said he was wavering his objection to bail, but requested suitable conditions and sureties.

The youngsters were each granted $10,000 bail with one surety, with a curfew imposed from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily. They were also ordered to surrender their travel documents and report to their nearest police stations twice per week. Stop notices will be placed at all ports of entry and exit, and they are not to leave the state without the permission of the Serious Offences Court or a higher Court.

The matter has been transferred to the Biabou Magistrate’s Court, and adjourned to September 11.

Attorney Sharmine Walters is representing Andrews, while the others are unrepresented.

- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -

Most Popular

- Advertisement -
Advertisement

Get new posts by email

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Related News

You cannot copy content of this page