Custom Text
28.6 C
Kingstown
Friday, September 30, 2022
- Advertisement -Custom Text

BRAMBLE ADAMANT HE WAS NOT BANNED–APPEARS TWO WEEKS AFTER

Custom Text
Advertisements

KINGSTOWN, SVG (BreadFruit News) – The NDP standard bearer in the upcoming general elections for the East Kingstown constituency insists that contrary to reports, he was not asked by the leadership of the NDP to step down from the national campaign.

He told listeners last week while emerging from a ‘hiatus’ since his August 27th presentation:

“They always want to shoot the messenger. I am the messenger but the message doesn’t change. They going all kind of how, they say Dr Friday banned me for two weeks from the [campaign]. Can you believe them kind of foolishness?”

“You see the problem is they are so accustomed to an autocratic style of government and an autocratic style of leadership so when the comrade tell you shut up, you have to shut up”.

“That does not exist in the New Democratic Party. Ain’t nobody banning nobody in this party. This is a team of candidates led by an able, intelligent and wise leader. Don’t get side tracked my people. Do not get side tracked with all the side shows because they want to take us away from our focus.

They aint doing that to Fitz Bramble and I can tell you that. As Jimmy Cliff say, the harder they come, the harder they fall.

BreadFruit News first broke the story following conversation with an NDP insider who has been a reliable source. The individual close to the leadership of the party said at the time:

“While Bramble is free to continue his work in East Kingstown, you will notice that since August 27th he hasn’t been featured on any of the NDP’s public meetings etc. He has one more week to reflect on the storm he created when he went doing his own thing without passing his plans by the party for vetting”.

Incidentally, Bramble presentation at the NDP Virtual Campaign event on September 11th was exactly two weeks since his last national presentation on August 27th.

It was a plan to introduce a toll system at Sion Hill that received heavy criticism on social media and radio.

Advertisements

Bramble had initially said:

“On top of Sion Hill, right there, that is an area that can be developed into a commercial hub”.

“at some point, you make it where vehicles pay a toll to come into town,” Mr. Bramble said, adding that he knows people don’t like to hear about paying money”.

The EC$1 fee will be charged every time vehicles go through Sion Hill to go into the Windward side or to come into town, Mr. Bramble said at the time.

About Turn

After days of criticism, an about turn came with the economist who returned from Canada to replace incumbent Hon Arnhim Eustace saying:

“This is an idea that was touted to me by a constituent. I never said anything about charging a toll. Charging a toll is not my policy. It is certainly not the policy of the NDP for sure. The NDP is not going to charge no toll to anybody”.

“As an economist, I would be crazy to even recommend something like that”.

Since the Bramble fiasco, other candidates have hinted during their presentations that they have to first ‘work out the details’ before outlining their plans publicly.

Share this article

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

LATEST POSTS

PRIME MINISTER CALLS FOR QUALITY GLOBAL LEADERSHIP

Prime Minister Dr Ralph Gonsalves has called on the United Nations to address the issues which severely threaten the development of small island developing states...

LA CROIX FOOD TERMINAL MARKET DASHEEN HITS MIAMI MARKET

The Government has advanced the viable operation of the La Croix, Langley Park, Lauders and Belmont (Leeward) buying depots as Food Terminal Markets for the...

Follow us

41,060FansLike
200FollowersFollow
71SubscribersSubscribe
- Advertisement -Custom Text

Most Popular

- Advertisement -Custom Text