The Ministry of Health, Wellness and the Environment wishes to advise the general public that as part of the its mosquito control programme for the adult Aedes aegypti mosquito, the Insect Vector Control Unit will conduct fogging operations in Bequia. The operation started on 8th December, 2020.
The names of villages and the date when fogging operations will take place are as follows:
- Cemetery Hill and Port Elizabeth – Wednesday, 9th December 2020
- Derrick Hill and Broad Road – Thursday, 10th December 2020
Please take note of the following:
· Persons who are suffering from any respiratory illnesses are kindly asked to take the necessary precautionary measures.
· Home and business owners in the named areas are reminded to keep their windows and doors open to allow the fog to eliminate the adult mosquitoes inside the home.
· Motorists are kindly asked to take caution.
· Residents are also encouraged to prevent the breeding of mosquitoes in their yard and to protect themselves from mosquito bites during the day.