Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for Scholarships offered through the New Canada – CARICOM Skills Training for the Green Economy Scholarship Programme.
The scholarship programme is available to students from CARICOM Member States, who are pursuing certificates, diplomas and associate degrees in disciplines related to climate change and resilience building (climate-smart agriculture, coastal and fisheries management, renewable energy, sustainable building techniques, and agro-forestry).
Facilitation for the Green Economy Scholarship is being made through international collaboration and student exchange agreements between publicly-funded Canada colleges and institutes and post-secondary institutions across CARICOM Member States offering Technical and Vocational Education Training (TVET).
Duration of programmes: For a minimum of four (4) months or one academic term, or for a period of eight (8) months or two academic terms, in Canada. Students must be registered as full-time students in their home institution at the time of application and during the entire duration of their study stay in Canada.
Inclusions: Visa and or study/work permit fees, airfare, health insurance, living expenses, ground transportation, books and supplies. Information about all programmes offered by Canada can be found at https://www.educanada.ca/ . Ensure that you read all guidelines before applying.
· interested in this scholarship programme should first contact their home institution;
· must provide a letter of intent that describes the nature of studies to be undertaken and how the proposed coursework will prepare them for a career in the green economy sector of their home country; and
· do not apply on their own behalf, as all applications are submitted by the Canadian institutions on behalf of the candidates.
· are responsible for identifying strong academic candidates who meet the admission requirements for the Canadian partner institution and providing the candidates’ documents to the Canadian partner institution.
· must apply on behalf of the candidate(s) by submitting the online application form and uploading all supporting documents prior to the deadline;
· may submit multiple applications and may be asked to rank their applications, based on their strategic priorities;
· should identify one staff member responsible for the administration of the programme; and
· should instruct faculty or staff members who are submitting an application to notify the staff member responsible for the administration of the programme at their respective institution as the institution may be requested to rank multiple applications.
Application period: January 1, 2021 to February 28, 2021.