To promote knowledge, understanding and friendship between peoples of Taiwan and St. Vincent and the Grenadines, the Government of the Republic of China (Taiwan) is offering two scholarship programmes, namely MOFA Taiwan Scholarship and TaiwanICDF Scholarship, to outstanding Vincentians to pursue studies in Taiwan commencing 2021 academic year.
1. Non-degree Mandarin Language Enrichment Programme (LEP): 1 year maximum (only applicable to MOFA Taiwan Scholarship. Upon completion of LEP, the recipient must study for a degree programme. Award periods must be continuous, with no breaks, and cannot exceed a total of 5 years.);
2. Degree Programmes:
- Undergraduate’s Programme: 4 years maximum
- Master’s Programme: 2 years maximum
- Doctoral Programme: 4 years maximum
1. Taiwan ICDF Scholarship Programme: January 1 to March 15, 2021
2. MOFA Taiwan Scholarship Programme: February 1 to March 31, 2021
Requirements: Applicants are required to submit the following documents to the Embassy by the abovementioned deadlines and be interviewed by the staff of the Embassy. (Please note that applicants also need to apply for admission to school and every study programme has different requirements and deadlines)
- A completed application form;
- One photocopy of applicant’s passport or other documents that prove nationality;
- One copy of the highest-level diploma and a complete grade transcript which must be sent directly to the Embassy in a stamped sealed envelope by the issuing school. Those documents must be authenticated by the Embassy;
- Supporting admission application materials (e.g. a photocopy of application form for language training center or for a degree programme at university/ college in Taiwan; information on study in Taiwan is available at http://www.studyintaiwan.org/);
- Two letters of recommendation.
Due to COVID-19 in SVG, the Embassy of the Republic of China (Taiwan) has suspended all walk-in consulting services and mass gathering event in order to reduce the risk of human infection. Should you have any questions in relation to the scholarship application, please call (456-2431 Mrs. Greta Rawlins) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to the Embassy for consultation. You may also visit the Embassy’s official website at www.taiwanembassy.org/vc/ (English page: section of Announcements) for further information.