All participants in the 2021 Essay Writing Competition should ensure that the following guidelines are followed:
1. The ESSAY COMPETITION is open only to nationals and residents of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
2. EACH participant must select a category depending on their age by 5th April, 2021.
3. Participants in the Envoys category MUST be aged 9 to 13 years.
4. Participants in the Ambassadors category MUST be aged14 to 18 years.
5. SUBMISSIONS must be written in Standard English.
6. SUBMISSIONS must have a cover page.
7. SUBMISSIONS must include the following details in the header of the document: Name of Participant, School of Participant, E-mail Address, Telephone Number and Word Count.
8. SUBMISSIONS must include page numbers at the bottom of each page.
9. PLAGIARISM is NOT ACCEPTED in the submission. All participants guilty of plagiarism will be disqualified. Research is expected but be sure to write the source of your information if necessary.
10. WORD COUNT- All participants are required to strictly adhere to the word count. In the Envoys category (300 – 600 words) and in the Ambassadors category (1,000 –1,500 words). Submissions must have a clear introduction, body and conclusion.
11. THE FINAL COPY submitted must be the participant’s own work and should not be excessively corrected or improved by another person.
12. EACH participant, through entering the competition, agrees to the publishing of their name and essay on the website and social media pages of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Trade & Commerce.
13. SUBMISSIONS must be typed and in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx.), or in PDF Format (.pdf). Each submission must be typed in Times New Roman font size 12.
14. ALL SUBMISSIONS must be submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Commerce by 5:00 p.m. on 30th April, 2021.
15. ALL SUBMISSIONS must be made via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.