The US Embassy is coordinating with Royal Caribbean Cruises for a maritime evacuation of US citizens from St Vincent to Dutch Sint Maarten.
This is scheduled to take place on April 16.
The Embassy says boarding on the Celebrity Reflection will begin at 7 am and will depart Kingstown Port, St Vincent at 1 pm. The ship will arrive in Philipsburg, Sint Maarten on the morning of April 19 at approximately 7 am.
There is no cost or travel fare for the evacuation via the cruise ship. However, US citizens will be responsible for making their own onward travel arrangements.
The Embassy advises persons to plan accordingly, including potential hotel stays in Sint Maarten and booking onward commercial airline flights from the Sint Maarten Princess Juliana International Airport which offers direct flights to multiple US cities.
The Embassy notes that US citizens who decide not to depart St Vincent should be prepared to shelter in place for an undetermined amount of time. There are currently no future plans for additional evacuations.
Here are the actions which US citizens must take:
- Register online by completing the U.S. Mission Bridgetown and the Eastern Caribbean – Evacuation Manifest Form.
- The deadline to register for the evacuation cruise is Thursday, April 15 at 12 noon.
- No children under the age of six months.
- No pregnant women over 23 weeks of gestation.
- No individuals requiring dialysis.
- No individuals with terminal conditions.
- No individuals who have been identified as close contacts of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case.
- No pets allowed.
- All departing passengers two years of age and older are required to have a negative COVID Antigen Rapid Test (taken within 24 hours of boarding). A printed copy of your negative test results will be required prior to boarding the cruise ship. A testing center, Health Solutions Inc., is located near the seaport in St Vincent. Call to arrange an appointment for testing (1-784-451-2836). Cost is $160EC/$60USD.
- All passengers are required to complete a health questionnaire prior to boarding. The ship will have the form available at the pier.
- Travellers are required to complete an online immigration (ED) card prior to travel to Sint Maarten (https://stmaartenhas.com).
- Travellers are required to purchase mandatory COVID-19 health insurance prior to travel to Sint Maarten (https://www.sxmprotectionplan.com).
- All airline passengers to the US ages two years and older must provide a negative COVID-19 test (either PCR or Rapid Antigen) taken within three calendar days of travel. Alternatively, travellers to the US may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel. Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Important Travel Information:
- Masks are required until guests reach their staterooms onboard.
- Any guest that requires medicines (insulin, etc) should board with adequate stock for several days.
- Food and water will be provided onboard the cruise ship.
- Travel Information for Sint Maarten
- CDC COVID-19 Testing Requirements for the U.S.
- US Embassy Bridgetown, Barbados
Phone number: +1 246-227-4000
Email address: BridgetownACS@state.gov
Embassy website: https://bb.usembassy.gov